Last Updated: May 2013
All of the information we obtain about you is stored securely on our website, and we use it only to identify the unaffiliated sponsoring financial firm or law firm, or consultant in your geographical area and to connect you with them, as described in our Terms and Conditions to you, to allow unaffiliated sponsoring financial or law firms to evaluate your case and provide debt and credit services to you, to provide ongoing communications to you in furtherance of these services, and as set forth below. Except as set forth below, we will not share your personal information with anyone else without your permission. Any third party to whom we provide your information must agree to keep your information confidential and not to share it with any other third party without your permission. We describe our information collection and disclosure practices in greater detail below. As a service to our customers, we may periodically send newsletters and other communications with information and offers we think may interest you. If you do not want to receive these offers, you may opt out at any time by following the Opt-Out Instructions, below.
What types of information about you do we collect through this website?
We collect personal information about you in three principal ways: (1) information you provide us through this Website; (2) information that is automatically generated when you use our Website; and (3) information we obtain from third parties.
1. Information You Provide To Us: When you submit a request for a consultation on this Website, we collect the following information from you:
- Your name, residence and email addresses, and telephone numbers
- General information about your assets, debts, income, and expenses.
2. Information Automatically Generated From This Website: We also collect certain information about you automatically when you visit our Website through our use of "cookies." Cookies are electronic identifiers that are transferred automatically to your computer through your browser and they allow our computers to save certain information you provide us and store information about you so we can recognize you when you visit our Website in the future. We also automatically collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address (which allows us to understand how you use our site and to enable us to make changes to our site in order to improve your user experience); information regarding your computer and your connection to our site (such as your browser type, operating system, and platform); and your user history to, through, and away from our site (such as session information, page loading times, page errors and broken links, the length of your visits to specific pages within our site, and other information related to your experience on our site).
3. Information We Obtain From Third Parties: From time to time we collect information about you from third parties, such as updated contact information, and search term and search result information from your Web searches.
How Do We Use Information We Collect Through This Website?
All of the information we obtain about you is stored securely on our servers and we use it only for the following purposes:
1. to identify the unaffiliated sponsoring financial firm or law firm in your geographical area and to connect you with them, as described in our Terms and Conditions
2. to allow unaffiliated sponsoring financial or law firms to evaluate your case and provide debt and credit services to you
3. to provide ongoing communications to you in furtherance of these debt and credit services and to share
4. information and offers that we think may interest you
5. to perform research on access to and consumption of debt and credit services, and
6. to evaluate your experience on our site and make improvements to it.
Who Will We Share Your Information With?
Except as set forth below, we will not share your personal information with any outside parties without your permission. Any third party to whom we provide your information must agree to keep your information confidential and not to share it with any other third party without your permission. These are the outside parties with whom we share your information:
1. Participating Financial or Law Firms: To provide the service offered through this Website, we will forward your information to the lawyer or law firm, or financial consultant identified to us by our matching system when you complete our form and request a consultation in order for them to contact you, to evaluate your needs, and to determine whether to represent you. When you submit your request, you consent to release of your information to that lawyer or law firm, or financial consultant. As part of this process, the lawyer or law firm, or financial consultant agrees to keep your information confidential and agree not to share it with any third party without your express permission.
2. Legal and Government Authorities: We will disclose your information to proper authorities when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, valid legal process, a court order, a current judicial proceeding, or to protect our rights or property.
3. Other Parties: We may also provide aggregate statistical information that does not personally identify you (such as the city or state you live in) to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes. We will not, however, disclose any personally identifiable information about you to these parties.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We take reasonable measures to protect your information on our servers. Please understand that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online (such as through an email message or through filling out an online form), this information cannot be made 100 percent secure and, in some cases, that information can be intercepted, collected, and used by others.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, you may contact us at:
You can also review and update the personal information we have about you in order to ensure its accuracy. To do so, please contact us at the above address.
You may opt-out by clicking the below opt-out page link within any correspondence. This opt-out does not apply to communications we have with you to complete your order or provide the service you requested. Understand, however, that, by electing this option, you may limit the functionality of this Web site and the amount of information and services we can provide to you. You may revoke your opt-out option at any time by contacting us using the information provided above.
To opt-out simply go to this opt-out page and follow the instructions provided on that page to tell us which email address(es) you want unsubscribed.